In this article, we will take a closer look at the four new tools added to the toolkit. The tools are designed to help you manage and customize your podcast episodes and players.
1. Feed Editor Tool
The Feed Editor Tool allows you to make modifications to your feed data locally, without affecting the original feed data. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Select a podcast from the dropdown list.
- A list of all the episodes will appear.
- Select one or more episodes you want to modify.
- Modification options will appear below the episode list.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Save the changes.
This tool is especially useful for adding categories to your podcast episodes.
2. Feed Import Tool
The Feed Import Tool allows you to import podcast episodes as WordPress posts. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Select a podcast from the dropdown list to view a list of all available podcast episodes.
- The list is divided into two sections: one for episodes that have not yet been imported, and another for episodes that have already been imported.
- Select the episodes you wish to import to your website.
- Import options will appear below the episode list.
- Choose the post type and other required import options to customize the import behavior.
- Click the “Save Settings and Import Episodes” button.
- All selected episodes will be imported to your website.
You can also activate the “Import All Future Episodes Automatically” option to import all future episodes automatically with the same import settings.
3. Sticky Player Tool
The Sticky Player Tool allows you to create a sticky player at the bottom of every page of your website. In this, Just select the source of the podcast episodes and other customization options and save your changes. Now your bottom sticky player will be created and ready to use on page load.
4. Bulk Player Tool
The Bulk Player Tool allows you to replace the player from Blubrry or Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin with our podcast player on all pages of your website. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Select the source player (the player to be replaced) and apply any customization you want.
- This will replace the player from the above-mentioned plugins with our podcast player in all pages.
This tool can save you a lot of time and effort if you have a large number of episodes or pages on your website.